To Be Sold To The Highest Bidder Without Minimum or Reservation
To Be Subdivided Into 5+ Acre Tracts and Offered Separately & As A Whole
From the 1950’s to the 1990’s, the Babelay family created what has now become a piece of history in Knox County – 300+/- acres of contiguous land that is available for the first time to the general public.
The Babelay family has been fortunate enough to enjoy generations of memories from this unique land tract. The land was home to horses, cattle & even had its own hog farm. The Babelay men built the silos that are still standing today as well as the barns, tenant homes & fencing.
They have decided that it’s time to provide the opportunity to allow a new family to enjoy everything this beautiful landscape has to offer. From the rolling hills and miles of pasture to the peace & solitude that comes with the sound of the flowing creeks this piece of history provides, there is surely something for everyone.
- 4.5 miles from Knoxville Center Mall and I-640
- Intersection of Washington Pike and Adair Lane
- Road Frontage along Washington Pike, Adair Lane, Cardwell Road & McGinnis Road
- From the rolling hills & pasture land, to the peaceful setting of wooded privacy – this immaculate property provides something for everyone.
- Multiple ponds on the property as well as Cardwell Spring & Roseberry Creek provide unique water features.
- All Utilities Available! Ideal opportunity for future development!
Terms: 10% Buyer's Premium - Successful bidders will deposit 10% of the purchase price (including Buyer's Premium) on sale day in the form of cash, certified check or wire, personal or company check, plus a real estate contract must be signed. Balance is due in certified funds at closing. CLOSING MUST TAKE PLACE WITHIN 20 DAYS. LAST POSSIBLE CLOSING DATE IS BY END OF DAY ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21st, 2014. NO EXTENSIONS AVAILABLE. Sale day announcements control terms of auction. Acreage and square footage believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. THIS PROPERTY SOLD IN IT'S "AS IS, WHERE IS WITH ALL FAULTS" CONDITION WITH NO WARRANTIES EITHER IMPLIED OR EXPRESS EXCEPT WARRANTY OF TITLE.
**All square footage and acreage amounts are believed to be accurate but not guaranteed. All information was obtained from appraisals and local courthouse records.**
Zoning: A – Agricultural District
Utilities: Electricity / Water / Sewer
· Electricity & Sewer are provided by the Knoxville Utilities Board
· Water is provided by the Northeast Knox Utility District
Estimated Real Estate Taxes:
According to the Knox County Trustee's Office, the current annual Knox County Real Estate taxes for the entire 300 Acres is $2,658.36
For more information, please feel free to contact the Knox County Trustee's Office
at 865-215-2305 or visit their website at www.knoxcounty.org/trustee
2% Broker Participation Available